Since we moved into our house in January, we have slowly worked on projects that have turned our house into a home. These shelves were the perfect addition to the great room and can be easily customized to match your style!
The best part? You will only need to purchase 3 supplies for a total of $20 ($10 per shelf!)
- 2 brackets per shelf - you can find these at a JoAnn's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Lowes, or Home Depot (mine were from Hobby Lobby)
- 1 piece of wood per shelf - Mine was 3/4" tall and is about 7" deep and 48" long
- Wood stain or paint - Color of your choice
- Wood screws (smaller than the height of your wood)
- Drywall screws (count depends on your brackets)
- Completely stain or paint your wood, let dry
- Paint nail heads to match your stain or paint color
- Once dry, measure and mark bracket placement on wood. Make sure you measure the same distance in from the outside of the shelves
- Drill screws into wood as tightly as you can
- Next, you want to use the drywall screws to secure your shelves onto the wall.
*You can never be too careful making sure your shelves are aligned evenly. I measured from the ground and made a small marking on the wall where I would be drilling.
Congratulations on your beautiful new shelves! Share your success story/picture!